Sustainability AND CSR
As a coffee roaster, we look for simple ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle in our office and business practices, and go even further by making sustainability a focus in the products we produce and sell. Here are some of the changes we’ve put in place to help make the world a little better.
- Developed biodegradable soft pods for single-serve coffee, using compostable materials.
- Added thermal oxidizers to our roastery to reduce emissions and odour.
- Adopted the CHEP pallet exchange program, which reuses pallets, saving thousands of trees per year.
- Composted chaff, a byproduct of the roasting process that is normally discarded in landfills.
- Up-cycled burlap sacks for use in the forest and landscaping industries.
- Added more fuel-efficient vehicles to our fleet of service and delivery vehicles.
Canterbury Coffee is a strong believer in giving back to the community locally, as well as in the countries we source our coffee beans from. For the past 20 years, we have donated annually to many Canadian charities including, the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society and Canuck Place. Around the world, we’ve supported charities in coffee-producing countries to help build schools and improve quality of life for producers.