Sustainability AND CSR
As a coffee roaster, we look for simple ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle in our office and business practices, and go even further by making sustainability a focus in the products we produce and sell. Here are some of the changes we’ve put in place to help make the world a little better.
- Developed compostable coffee pods for single-serve coffee
- Added thermal oxidizers to our roastery to reduce emissions and odour.
- Adopted the CHEP pallet exchange program, which reuses pallets, saving thousands of trees per year.
- Composted chaff, a byproduct of the roasting process that is normally discarded in landfills.
- Up-cycled burlap sacks for use in the forest and landscaping industries.
Canterbury Coffee is a strong believer in giving back to the community locally, as well as in the countries we source our coffee beans from. Over the years, we have donated funds raised through coffee sales to local Canadian charities including the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society, Our Place Society, Calgary Food Bank, Edmonton Food Bank, Daily Bread Food Bank, Sasktoon Food Bank, Nanaimo Loaves & Fishes and Canuck Place. Around the world, we’ve supported charities in coffee-producing countries, like Grounds for Health, to help improve access to healthcare and quality of life for coffee producers.