If you enjoy a well-organized, friendly, and dynamic work environment, Canterbury’s Manufacturing team is looking for you!
Canterbury is seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Maintenance Millwright to support the Manufacturing team at our Richmond branch as a full-time, permanent member of the team.
As a part of the Manufacturing team, you will be responsible for ensuring that all Health and Safety related requirements are followed as well as completing all regularly scheduled preventative maintenance and related documentation for all plant and facility equipment. You will also work cooperatively with all staff to ensure all production and maintenance objectives are met.
- Post-secondary education is preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of Mechanical Millwright experience in a food and beverage manufacturing environment is preferred, or other relevant industry
- Experience with high-speed packaging equipment is considered an asset
- Electrical and PLC experience and knowledge is considered an asset
- Some degree of knowledge of SQF, HACCP, GMP and Health and Safety Programs is considered an asset
You are great at:
- Working under pressure
- Working within a team
- Meeting deadlines
- Maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Using Word and Excel
- Staying flexible to work shifts
- Taking action, making decisions and following through
- A fun and supportive environment with opportunities for learning and development
- 3 weeks of vacation to start
- Group Health & Dental Benefits program
- Growth opportunities and a rewarding career with a Canadian business that takes pride in giving back to community
- Employee pricing on our product line-up
- Free, on-site parking
- And…a workplace filled with the aroma of coffee….all day…every day
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Applications are welcomed from all individuals, including women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of our company.
Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
Apply for this position
Third Party Recruiters
Canterbury partners with third-party recruiting agencies on occasion. All third-party recruiting agencies must have an active signed agreement with Canterbury to receive payment for the placement of any candidate submissions or referrals. Canterbury will not pay a fee to any third-party, or recruitment agency for any resume submissions to Canterbury, or its employees, without having first engaged the third-party or recruitment agency in addition to having a valid signed fee agreement in advance of the submission. For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.