Do you enjoy helping others? Are you a taskmaster with strong organization and administrative skills?
If you are passionate about creating systems and processes with a focus on continuous improvement, Canterbury’s People & Culture team is looking for you!
Canterbury is seeking a highly organized Assistant to provide a diverse range of administrative and clerical support to the People & Culture Department.
Supporting the smooth and efficient delivery of people and workplace practices, you will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the People & Culture Department. You will respond to employee enquiries, maintain employee records, develop/maintain reports, prepare written correspondence, support recruitment, onboarding, and projects.
As a member of the People & Culture team you will be entrusted with sensitive and confidential information and engage with employees at all levels of the company.
- At least 1 year of administrative experience
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A CPHR Candidate working towards CPHR designation is considered an asset
- Must be efficient and detailed-oriented with strong time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with demonstrated success in building/designing Excel spreadsheets and reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to exercise discretion as needed when dealing with sensitive and personal information
You are great at:
- Capturing the details
- Creating administrative solutions
- Interpersonal communication
- Balancing competing priorities
- Problem solving
- Customer service
- Demonstrating professionalism
- Building relationships
- Practicing Empathy
- A fun and supportive environment with opportunities for learning and development
- 3 weeks of vacation.
- Group Health & Dental Benefits program
- Growth opportunities and a rewarding career with a Canadian business that takes pride in giving back to community
- Employee pricing on our product line-up
- Access to our on-site fitness facility
- Free, on-site parking
- And … a workplace filled with the aroma of coffee…. all day…every day.
Submit your cover letter and resume for consideration.
Applications are welcomed from all individuals, including women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of our company. Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
Apply for this position
Third Party Recruiters
Canterbury partners with third-party recruiting agencies on occasion. All third-party recruiting agencies must have an active signed agreement with Canterbury to receive payment for the placement of any candidate submissions or referrals. Canterbury will not pay a fee to any third-party, or recruitment agency for any resume submissions to Canterbury, or its employees, without having first engaged the third-party or recruitment agency in addition to having a valid signed fee agreement in advance of the submission. For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.